Tuesday 9 June 2009

It beggars belief

Sometimes I just think the world has gone utterly crazy, sometimes I know it has!

What has me shaking my head today is this news link I found on the BBC website this morning. Just what is the RMT union thinking? A two day strike at this kind of notice in the middle of the week?

Do they really not care how many people will not be able to get home from work or not get to work or - even worse - not make their flight for their holiday? I use the London Underground fairly infrequently, but when I do it's because I have to get somewhere for a certain time. To be faced with a service that's not operational because of strike action would make me incandescent with rage. I wish I was joking about that.

A group of my friends are meeting in London today for the first time, at least one of them has come from Europe for it, and now their meeting will now be completely marred by having to make sure they get the tube before the strike starts or trying to negotiate a crowded bus service during the evening.

*and breathe*

OK. All that said, I have Classic FM playing on the radio, and they are playing pretty tunes aimed at soothing the savage beast and I think it might just be working! I am not swearing at Oliver who has decided to pester me just as I sat down to eat, or the fact that my lunch didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to.

I do still need to think fast on what to eat later today, but thats not unusual for me. I'll sort it, because I hate going hungry at work!

No comments: