Friday 6 March 2009

What a difference a bike ride makes

I had planned to moan about what an awful shift I had last night. I was going to say about how the shift rushed by me and I didn't achieve what I wanted to.

Then I finished and unlocked the bike to come home. It's a lovely day. The sky is clear, it was light. There was frost on the grass, swans on the lake and hardly any cars on the road to annoy me!

Supper is in the oven, and I have plans for Orangette's chocolate chip cookies later today, probably after work when I can't sleep.

It's such a relief though. I had a nagging headache and the remains of toothache all night, all I wanted when I walked out of work was an alcoholic drink and a couple of painkillers followed by supper and bed. Now I feel a heck of a lot better and don't feel a desperate urge for a glass of wine. Tea will do fine I think.

No comments: