Wednesday 13 May 2009

Of cameras and pictures.

I'm sorry. I have been really quiet lately, but I got a bit low and really had nothing good to say, so I thought quiet was best for now, but I do have news.

I've got a blipfoto journal going, and you might like to look at it here.

The idea is to take one photo and upload it to your journal.You can only put one photo per calender day. I find it really makes me think a bit more about the pictures I'm taking "is it blip-worthy?" is now a common question. It is really making me wish for a better camera - and a wireless laptop!

The camera I have isn't bad, don't get me wrong, but I think with a bit more technology I could take a greater range of pictures. This one doesn't seem to be particularly good at landscapes, and I want to take those as well as close shots of animals and plants.

I have found a garden that it most blipworthy, and I strongly suspect I'll be posting a lot of pictures from there! DN is a fantastic gardener with huge amounts of imagination and the ability to transfer it to the ground. Planting the way she has means the garden seems to be about 3 times larger than it really is! Doesn't hurt any that there's a river right outside the back/side door either...

Work is not really improving, but having plenty to focus on outside of work such as having a twitter ID as well as friends and family is helping a great deal.

I have rediscovered wearing red too. I do have a fair bit of red clothing, but I got out of the way of wearing it, even though it is pretty much the perfect colour for my skin (not sure why, but not questioning it!) It's a good confidence boost too, knowing that all I have to do is wear a red top and I look great, even if it's only above dodgy cheap jeans for work!

1 comment:

Julie said...

LOL @ the camera thing. I started blipping in December, and got a new camera in early April :) It was probably a long time in coming but suddenly I wanted a better one.

Julie.xx