Thursday 19 February 2009

Spring is on the way

I found crocusses in the garden!

I was out in the garden the other morning, and I saw them flowering. I was a bit stunned to be honest; I thought the freezing conditions might have put paid to the early spring bulbs, but they were there and they were flowering in their multicoloured glory.

I think I was on a bit of a downer the other day; nothing seemed to be OK at all. All I wanted to do was sleep and read and maybe eat something. Well I slept for hours and finally I think I cracked it and so having slept, I washed up and baked! Get me!

Now, I am working nights right now, and I really should be going to bed, but I can see a whole load of positive things, so i wanted to note them before I get in the bath and go to bed.

Flowers in the garden,
Light mornings - it hasn't been totally dark coming home from work
Sleeping properly at night
Desire to bake (and acting on it too, the gingerbread was as good as it should have been!)
A shiny new future; that actually my present can't mess up, no matter how it might want to!
Continuing weight loss - I'm now down 32lb from January 2008

As Louis Armstrong put it, "and I think to myself, what a wonderful world"

Take care, and when the sun comes out, wear shades!

No comments: