Saturday 27 September 2008

Harder than I thought

I've sat here stewing for the best part of a week over the fact that I can't get straight out and dig for my dinner, and I have discovered that waiting is really hard, so I think I may need to change the subject for a while.

I would talk about how I enjoy cooking, but the very thought of it is enough to make me feel ill at the moment. My suspicion is that I'm dealing with low blood sugar, as I'm tired, nauseous and cold. I'm somewhat headachey too, but that could very easily be put down to work related stress (those who know me can attest how true that is).

The other down side is that feeling so droopy is not at all conducive to getting out in the garden and whipping it into shape, no matter how good the weather is. It's just awful, everyone else's garden near me is at the very least tidy, with the grass at a sensible height, and mine is full of weeds, too long, and I feel too limp to pay any attention to it. I had to force myself out of bed today. I would happily have stayed there all day, but no matter how rough one feels, some things have to be done.

I've even gone and placed a dotcom grocery order (shocking by itself) that has a loaf of bread on it. I mean to say, things must be grim if I'm not feeling up to loading the breadmaker!

I'm going to raid the vitamins, have some fruit juice and have an early night I think.

No comments: